This service assists our elderly clients in their own homes, allowing them and their carers a greater degree of choice in what, where and when services are delivered, while aiming to help them maintain independence at home.
This program is delivered through Consumer Directed Care (CDC) for seniors and offers the full spectrum from basic to complex care needs for those who wish to remain living at home. It allows consumers and their family members a greater degree of flexibility and choices in what services need to be put in place, where and when services are delivered.
There are 4 levels:
• Level 1 - basic care needs
• Level 2 - low-level care needs
• Level 3 - intermediate care needs
• Level 4 - high-level care needs
Each level of Home Care Package provides a different government subsidy. This subsidy is paid to CAC and contributes to the total cost of agreed services and care delivery. Depending on your personal financial assessment by Centrelink or request for additional care services, you may be required to contribute additional funding above the government subsidy.
Assessment for Eligibility:
• aged 65 years and over, or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, who need some assistance to remain living in their own homes
• People with a disability, dementia or other special needs that cannot be met through other specialist services.
To be allocated a Home Care Package, you must be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) from hospitals.